It’s Saturday again so here we go. If you would like to participate please either click on the picture above or click this link.
OFF TO THE GOLDEN DOOR TOMORROW!!
So today I shall be busy with last minute chores so that I can leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow. We have to be at the airport at 4am so we shall stay at a friend’s house overnight and then he will take us out to the airport. What a good friend 🙂
Lotte is going to stay with him for the time I am away. He is looking forward to that and she seems to settle in wherever I leave her. She has her coat, her brush, her rug and a couple of toys so she will be fine.
When I have been to the Golden Door before I haven’t had access to the internet. Things may have changed but I suspect I shall not be writing blogs until I return.
And in case you think this is a holiday, here is a typical day at Queensland’s Golden Door:
- 6.15am Welcome a new day with Tai Chi Qi Gong at sunrise.
- 6.45am Enjoy a guided bush walk on our pink, blue or green courses; or Get wet and wild with deep water running in the bottom pool or challenge yourself with high intensity spinning class.
- 8.00am Buffet breakfast of seasonal fruit, Golden Door signature muesli and specialty breakfast cuisine.
- 9.00am Morning stretch class held in the gymnasium, a gentle and relaxing way to start your day.
- 9.30am-11.00am A health & wellbeing workshop aimed at providing you with the knowledge to make positive lifestyle changes.
- 10.45am A healthy and nutritious morning tea served in the dining room.
- 11.00am – 1.00pm Take part in the various daily exercise activities and spa treatments available. Try something new or take a challenge.
- 1.00pm A sumptuous buffet lunch served in the dining room.
- 2.00pm-6.00pm Choose from a variety of activities and seminars available to enjoy. Indulge at the spa where your relaxing massage, refreshing body treatment or luxurious beauty treatment awaits.
- 3.45pm A healthy and nutritious afternoon tea served in the dining room.
- 6.30pm Be rewarded after a busy day with a mouth watering buffet dinner created by our Executive Chef David Hunter and his team.
But it is enjoyable and I always come back renewed and filled with great plans for the future. They usually last about two weeks, but hey it’s fun.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
World Health Organization, 1948