“Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing, and listen as heaven whispers, “Do you like it? I did it just for you.”
Max Lucado, author and writer and preacher at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas. 1955
In today’s post Chris at Bridges Burning wrote about her perfect day and then posed the question – What would be your perfect day?
A perfect day for me could
include embrace many things
- A walk in the sunshine
- A walk in the rain – I am English so I am used to the gentle rain but here it is not always gentle. Gale force southerlies are forecast for tonight. Oh well it has been a lovely day.
- Meeting with friends for coffee, lunch, dinner or just a drink and a chat
- Waking up to the sound of the rain on the roof and knowing that I don’t have to be at work by 9am. I can stay where I am if I choose with my book, Lotte and my first cup of tea. Well I choose how I will spend the rest of my life!
- Having something to look forward to. Meeting with friends as above, a movie, a Night at the Met etc etc
- Spending time with my children and their children
- Seeing the smiles on their faces when my grandchildren see me. Even though they are all teenagers, they still love their Granma
- Finding a new (easy) recipe to try
- Discovering a new friend in the blogosphere
- Choosing some new plants in the garden centre.
So taking the above items as a guide, today was pretty close to perfect for me
- Lotte and I walked in the sunshine twice today. Once just the two of us and then later, with a friend
- I had uninterrupted time with my daughter over coffee this morning. She is so busy I have to make an appointment, but it is a good time for a mother/daughter bonding.
- I had lunch with a friend at a restaurant at the beach
- I found some new plants at the garden centre for my many tubs that really do need attention
- I found a recipe for Chicken with Mustard Creme Fraiche and I am about to make it for us for tonight.
- 2 Tbsp oil or butter
- 4 med. (150g) Chicken Breasts fillets
- 125g mushrooms, sliced (1 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g pottle creme fraiche
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 Tbsp French or Dijion mustard
1. Heat half the oil or butter in a frying pan and when hot, place the Chicken Breasts fillets skin side down first. Cover with a lid and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes.
2. Turn over and cook a further 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Set aside on a plate and keep covered.
3. Add the remaining oil or butter to the pan and when hot, stir in the mushrooms and onion and cook over a moderate heat, stirring regularly until the vegetables are softened.
4. Stir in the mustard, creme fraiche and bring to a gentle simmer. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and heat through for a further 1-2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
Serve with vegetables.
So another (almost) perfect day comes to a close in Brooklyn, Wellington. I hope your day was as good as mine. What would make a day perfect for you?