I love Fridays – the end of the week and the weekend ahead – who wouldn’t like Fridays?
- We discovered a new vegan restaurant today. The owners are Indian and the food was scrumptious. I don’t know the names of the dishes, but I ate a 7 vegetable dish, rice, soup, salad, hot carrot pickle, poppadums etc. I left feeling pleasantly full.
- I received a handwritten letter – yes not typed and not an email – from a friend today, whom I had not heard from for ages. That was a real pick-me-up.
- Lotte and I met new people and their dogs at the dog park today. I love making new friends.
- I found a new author at the library today – well new to me. This is a Swedish writer and though I have often seen his Detective Kurt Wallander in the series on television I haven’t read any of his books. So I am looking forward to reading The White Lioness.
- I have a friend with a large tom cat called Friday. He is larger than Lotte and leaves her in no doubt who is in charge when we visit. But Lotte just goes along with the flow and they seem to have come to some sort of understanding.
And so another less than memorable Friday hits the dust. But the sun has been shining today even though it is still fairly cool. Lotte has been exercising her lungs, barking at any and everything that moves in the street.
No sign of Andy yet. I just know we are going to be great friends but I wonder where he is lurking. Getting anxious about the little fellow.
Armadillos make affectionate pets, if you need affection that much.
William Jacob “Will” Cuppy (August 23, 1884 – September 19, 1949) was an American humorist and literary critic
- Looking for Andy (growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com)