If you live in the free world (or anywhere that has radio, television or the print media) you will know that in approximately 28 days the 2012 Olympic Games will commence in London.
But did you know some of these bits of trivia?
- More than 200 structures had to be demolished before building could begin on Olympic Park in London’s East End.
- 90% of material reclaimed from demolition within Olympic Park can be reused or recycled.
- 1.3 million tonnes of soil at Olympic Park was washed to get rid of contamination.-
- Around 900,000 items of sports equipment will be used during the Olympic Games.
- 700 bird and bat boxes are being installed across Olympic Park to encourage rare species into the area.
- Around 20,000 media and broadcasters will cover the Olympic Games.
- McDonald’s will have four restaurants at Olympic Park the largest is 2,800 square metres (approximately 30,140 sq feet) and will seat 1500 people. It will be the largest in the world.
- The oldest person in this year’s Olympic Games is 71-year-old Hiroshi Hoketsu who has qualified for Japan’s equestrian team.
So with this useless information you will surely beat all your friends
at Trivial Pursuit.
“My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
- Photos: McDonald’s at Olympics in London is biggest in world (photos.denverpost.com)
- One Month to Go Until the London Olympics (prweb.com)