The world knows about our almost unstoppable rugby team, the All Blacks. In a test against the British and Irish Lions on June 24, they won and another Test is set for Saturday.
And we have had golf stars – Lydia Koh the youngest ever No 1, Sir Bob Charles who has won numerous titles over a 50-year playing life and Michael Campbell who won the US Open. Dame Susan Devoy dominated the squash world for many years and now..
Since June 17th this elderly New Zealand woman, along with most of the rest of the inhabitants of our country, have been transfixed by the sailing going on off the coast of Bermuda. And today, for the third time, New Zealand won the America’s Cup. It was a really fantastic win. Team New Zealand beat Oracle, the USA team by 7-1. So no doubt who the winner was.
Well done Peter Burling and Team New Zealand. We look forward to the welcome home, with the ‘auld mug’ safely here again.
End of bragging, for today at least. No promises for not more to come.
Yesterday I received an email telling me that Linda Cassidy Lewis’ book Forever had been selected for publication by Kindle Press. I had read the opening pages and so nominated the book for publication. As a thank those of us who nominated Linda’s book are to receive a free copy prior to publication.
Of course I immediately went over to her blog to congratulate her. And I read her latest post.
And I saw that she too had a tea set, somewhat like mine but I suggest hers is from an earlier time.
Linda’s tea set
And what a beautiful tea set it is.
Linda comments in her blog post “Pictured above is the beautiful tea set for one that a sister-in-law sent me during my recovery from surgery last year. This year, I want to make it a habit to sit quietly once a day and sip delicious tea from that cup as I daydream amazing stories to write.”
While my comment to her was – “I too have a three piece tea set like yours. A different pattern of course. It’s my go to when I need comfort, cheering up, and for when inspiration is lacking. And of course, just for a cup of Lady Grey. I do think it helps me to be productive.”
Here’s my tea set
I hope that Linda follows through with her plans for the year and in particular her plan to sit quietly once a day with a cup of tea from the beautiful tea set while her heart soars and the stories arrive in her head almost ready written.
In any event, I shall continue to follow this amazing author. Have you read the three books already published?
- The Brevity of Roses
- Illusion of Trust
- High Tea and Flip Flops
If you can get your hands, or your Kindle on one or all of them I urge you to do so. They are all very well worth reading.
“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.”
“The older you get, the more awards you get. So, if you live long enough, then you get all the awards eventually.”
My friend Dor at Technicolor Day Dreams has nominated me for the Sunshine Blog Award for which I thank her.
This is the first time I have received this particular award. We are told that it is supposed to be given to “bloggers who are inspirational, and who have impacted your blogging or your life.” Wow! How’s that for giving one a warm and fuzzy feeling?
Of course, each award comes with certain requirements. This one has questions to be answered:
Favourite non-alcoholic drink:
Facebook or Twitter?
Getting or giving presents?
Favourite day of the week:
waxed lyrical told my feelings on these awards in the past. And as usual I shall respectfully manipulate change the rules to suit me.
- Why anyone would be interested in my responses to these questions is a mystery to me and therefore, gracefully decline to answer them.
- I nominate all of the bloggers in my blog roll for this award.
Once again I trust that I am not upsetting anybody with this post. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who read and like my posts, the number who faithfully follow, those who comment and those who so generously nominate me for these awards. Thank you all, sincerely.
- Awards (growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com)
Over the past couple of weeks I have been presented with some awards by my fellow bloggers. As I have said before I am honoured that you think me worthy of these awards.
- My friend the Island Traveler graciously awarded me the Liebster award. Do go over to his site to follow his journey and read about his delightful son.
- Jean at Moonlightened Way has awarded me the One Lovely Blog award. This is a new blog to which I have subscribed and I encourage you to take a look at her blog. She writes with joy and feeling on several subjects. It’s worth a look!
- Jean also tagged me for Mrs Sparkly’s Ten Commandments. This looks like fun.
- Dor at Technicolor Day Dreams gave me two awards – the Versatile Blogger and the Candlelighter. Dor is a source of enjoyment to me. I read her blogs and know that if we lived in the same continent we could be friends in real life. Take a look at her blog.
Each award comes with a list of things you have to do and as I am totally overwhelmed with all the things on my To Do List I gratefully and I hope graciously accept all the awards with a big thank you. But I make my own rules for the acceptance.
- I thank the blogger who nominated me –
- I direct people to their blog –
- I choose not to tell 7, 10 or however many things about me as I am sure those who follow my blog don’t want to know any more about me. For those who do please see my post – In Accepting This Award –
- I nominate everyone on my blog roll for these awards and all of the other bloggers I follow who haven’t yet been added to my list.
So there you have it. Thank you once again for these awards and thank you to all on my blog roll for making my day brighter with your blogs and giving me much to think about and ponder upon.