“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.”
At the beginning of each year, I choose one word on which to concentrate. My word for this year is Hope.
What a fantastic word that is. The Oxford English definition is – A feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen.
So my hopes for the coming year are :
- That the pandemic is finally halted
- That the vaccine is available to all
- That people are allowed to visit family and friends again
- That life returns to normal, or as near as possible to normal
- That people stop circulating fake and bogus information about Covid, and
- That peace talks continue to bring an end to the violence being perpetrated around our troubled world
- That health and happiness are available to all my family and friends, both physical friends and those in the blogosphere
- That Mother Earth stops shaking her skirts and forgives us for the damage we have done, and are still doing to our planet.
“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.”
― John Lennon
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands
love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring