“This is where it all begins.
Everything starts here, today.”
― David Nicholls,
Have you said to yourself One Day I shall
- Start to exercise and lose this excess weight
- Read a book of fiction rather than for a reason – self-help, weight loss or whatever
- Reconnect with that friend to whom I haven’t spoken since we had that disagreement
- Go to the sea
- Take a trip
- Talk to my neighbour
- Begin my walks
- Finish my …..?
Well, today is that One Day.
- We can start by leaving the car behind and taking the walk to the store. This can also be your exercise for the day.
- Or take a trip to the library. The librarian will be happy to discuss recent books with you and help you choose just the right one for you.
- Pick up the phone and call that friend. Someone has to make the first move and someday that person may no longer be with us.
- Call the neighbour and ask her/him over for a cup of coffee.
Today the sun is shining, or at least it will have risen even if it is hiding behind the clouds. Celebrate today it will never come again. And at the end of the day, how I hate that expression but here I mean it literally, when you look at your To Do List and see what you have accomplished you will be glad you decided this was to be the One Day.
And of course, my favourite Mary Oliver quote (are you bored with this one yet?)
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?”
― Mary Oliver