Today’s Challenge and I still haven’t caught up but decided I should like to do this one now.- The Challenge is: – We all have anxieties, worries, and fears. What are you scared of? Address one of your worst fears. Today’s twist: Write this post in a style distinct from your own.
This looked like a real challenge. Where to start?
I have breezed through life with very few fears but
- I have always been afraid that something bad could happen to one of my loved ones
- I have been anxious about my aged parents on the other side of the world; both now dead
- I was afraid of cats until I took a course of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or Tapping as it is sometimes known. Now I am no longer afraid of cats and have even been known to stroke one but
- My worst fear was realised at 2.28am on April 22 1998. My Dashing (not so) Young Scotsman died.
I wondered/ feared :
- How would I live without him
- How could I live without him
- Where would I live without him
- How could I go through each day knowing he wasn’t waiting for me at home
- How could I smile and pretend that life was “normal”
- What was normal anymore
- When would the “time heals” kick in
- When would I stop counting the hours, days since he died and move onto the months and years
And I found that while my worst fear had been realised on that ghastly day, I could:
- Live my life without him though I missed him madly
- Move house and so find where I could live without him
- Go through each day with his memories to help me
- What became normal was different to anything I had expected or experienced
- Time didn’t heal although the hurt was lessened as time passed
- Now I say he died 16 years ago.
And now after so long, my whole life has changed as I have a new partner and we are making a new life together.
Note: I don’t know if I have met the challenge in the way in which it was designed.