It doesn’t seem a year since I blogged on my birthday, but friends, it is. Another year older but any the wiser?
Another year of enjoying where I am in life; enjoying my family and friends and if I have lost a couple of friends through death over the year, I have made a couple of new ones. The friends who die still remain friends although they are not physically here any more.
So what to write about on this
momentous day. War is still waged in the same countries as this time last year, children are still suffering, the homeless are still homeless and those living in poverty are still poor. So what you might ask is there to celebrate?
We, the lucky ones who live in our war-free lands, with food and water readily available to us, can celebrate so many things in our lives. I celebrate and am grateful for:
- My family, son and daughter and their families
- My sisters both on the other side of the world
- My good and supportive friends
- My ongoing good health
- My active mind
- My special friend – Lotte
- My comfortable and warm home
- The fact that the sun rises and then sets each day
- The friends I have made in the blogosphere
- The money in my purse and in the bank
- The food in the larder and the refrigerator.
And for all the other things on My Gratitude List. I really do know just how lucky I am and have been in my life.
So I will celebrate this birthday; hoping that perhaps I have learned something in the preceding 12 months and look forward with joy and anticipation to the next 12.
“A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.” Anon