“One Of These Days
When We Both Are At Our Ease
When You’ve Got Time To Please Yourself
See What’s Right And See What’s There
And Breathe Fresh Air, Ever After”
Paul McCartney sings – One of these days
How often do we say “One of these days I will. …whatever”? or “When I get around to it”? Well I want to tell you that today should be ‘one of these days”. None of us know how many more days there are to do whatever we think we want to do. As someone who was left without ‘one of these days’ I now feel the loss of those days. We were fortunate in that there weren’t any things unsaid or undone between us when my husband died, but there cannot be anymore ‘one of these days’.
Do you have a bucket list with all the things you think you want to do before you die? But have you thought of all the smaller things that maybe you should do?
- Have your told your spouse/partner how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate their just being there for you? – What if tomorrow never comes will they know how much they mean to you?
- Have you told your children how proud of them you are ?
- Have you told them how much you love them?
- Have you told them no matter what they do you will still love them?
- Have you thanked your parents for your childhood? I know some people had awful childhoods so delete this question if it doesn’t apply to you.
- Have you told those special friends how much you appreciate their support?
- Have you thanked your children’s spouses for the love and care they have shown to your children?
- Have you told your grandchildren that if you had to choose you would choose them?
So often we attend funerals ( and we attend so many more when you reach this vast number of years) and hear great eulogies about how wonderful the dead person was. How many people told that person of their love and respect while they were still alive and could appreciate it? Wouldn’t it make so much more sense to do so?
So determine that from today you wont put off doing these small things and here for you today is a round tuit.
So now you have no excuse for putting anything off until ‘one of these days’ or ‘when I get a round tuit’. You now have one! Use it as often as you like. It can never be over used or worn out.
So today look at the list of things you want to say to others, look at what you might regret if you don’t do so before that special person dies, and as the ad says ‘Just Do It!”
And for me – I want to say thank you to all who follow and read my blogs. It has been something to do ‘one of these days’ . Well today is the day so thank you.
“On behalf of all the people who have assembled here
I would merely like to mention, if I may
That our unanimous attitude
Is one of lasting gratitude
For what our friends have done for us today
And therefore I would simply like to say
Thank you very much, thank you very much
That’s the nicest thing that anyone’s ever done for me.” From Scrooge the musical
- Blessings and Regrets and Holidays (macattack56.wordpress.com)
- If I had my life to live over (https://growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com/)