I am currently running a six week course entitled “The Power of Positive Belief” for a Women’s Centre some 60 kms north of here. I have run this course and several others a few times for them before. This current course has 9 attendees and last Monday was the first session.
Of course, I have an outline for each session and we build on it as we go through the session.
Session One is headed “Believe in Yourself” and we talk about the power of believing in oneself. I always give several examples of those who really believed in themselves and achieved:
- Roger Bannister the first person to break the 4-minute mile
- Maxie Fowler who gained his law degree in California at the age of 61 after having sat and failed the exam many times
- George Dantzig who, arriving late for class, thought that the formulae on the board was homework. He solved two ‘insolvable’ equations that had stumped Einstein
- David Baldacci author of countless best sellers, had a drawer full of pink rejection slips before his first book was published, and many more.
We talk about the five Ps – Passion, Priority, Practice, Performance and Purpose and how we can use these to get what we want.
Everybody is encouraged to participate and Last Monday’s group took on board the 5 Ps and we ended up spending much of the 2 hours talking about passions and how to identify them and build on them. Most of them couldn’t identify a passion and so I agreed to send them a worksheet to help and they agreed that they would work on this during the week and we would pick up again on Monday.
So I had to come home and devise a worksheet. Over the years I have produced many worksheets but I have never had a group so interested in finding their passions before and I am very excited about it.
So tomorrow’s session will be on Passions and Self Limiting Beliefs – all I have to do now is put the session together.
“If you can conceive it
and believe it
you will achieve it.”
- LOST FOCUS: John Landy LOOKS back (meetingintheclouds.wordpress.com)
- Believe to Achieve (terrynewberry.wordpress.com)
- 10 Beliefs for the Weekend (living4bliss.wordpress.com)